The SSH Open Marketplace was created with funding from the SSHOC project. After the end of the project, 3 ERICs and some of their national nodes decided to ensure the sustainability of the SSH Open Marketplace, under the umbrella of the SSH Open Cluster. They act as a Governing Board for the SSH Open Marketplace and define the Marketplace strategic policy with regards to scientific, technical and managerial matters.
Two institutions act as service providers on behalf of these ERICs:
- the Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage (ACDH-CH) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences providing hosting and maintenance for the service. Especially, Matej Ďurčo coordinates efforts from the ACDH-CH team where Stefan Probst acts as front-end developer and Dalibor Pančić takes care of the Marketplace deployment.
- and the Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center (PSNC) affiliated to the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences providing the data ingestion pipeline as well as maintenance for the service. Tomasz Parkoła and Aleksandra Nowak are particularly involved, respectively in the maintenance of the back-end code and as lead developer of the DACE ingestion pipeline see ingest workflow.
An Editorial Team ensures the day-to-day maintenance and the data quality of the SSH Open Marketplace. The Editorial Team, liaising with the service providers and the end-users of the service (SSH researchers and support staff for researchers) ensures the technical running of operation, the effectiveness of the curation process and the editorial policy’s successful implementation.
Since the 1st of May 2022, 8 members have been appointed by the Governing Board. They were joined, in September 2022, by 9 volunteers.
- Laure Barbot - Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities (DARIAH-EU)
- Elena Battaner Moro - Universidad Rey Juan Carlos in Madrid
- Stefan Buddenbohm - Göttingen State and University Library
- Cesare Concordia - Institute of Information Science and Technologies “Alessandro Faedo” (CNR-ISTI)
- Maja Dolinar - CESSDA & Slovenian Social Science Data Archives (ADP), University of Ljubljana
- Edward Gray - Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities (DARIAH-EU)
- Cristina Grisot - University of Zurich & Swiss National Center for Data & Services for the Humanities (DaSCH)
- Klaus Illmayer - Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage (ACDH-CH)
- Taina Jääskeläinen - CESSDA & Finnish Social Science Data Archive (FSD), Tampere University
- Martin Kirnbauer - Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage (ACDH-CH)
- Alexander König - Common Language Resources and Technology Infrastructure (CLARIN ERIC)
- Michael Kurzmeier - University College Cork
- Barbara McGillivray - King’s College London
- Clara Parente Boavida - Iscte-Instituto Universitário de Lisboa
- Christian Schuster - Babeș-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca
- Magdalena Wnuk - Institute of Literary Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Digital Humanities Centre
- Irena Vipavc Brvar - CESSDA & Slovenian Social Science Data Archives (ADP), University of Ljubljana
Former members of the Editorial Board: Mari Kleemola (CESSDA/FSD)
Please use the contact form if you want to get in touch.
The concept, design and development of the SSH Open Marketplace has been carried out as part of the SSHOC project by Work Package 7 team members: Frank Fischer, Yoann Moranville, Laure Barbot, Eliza Papaki, Erzsébet Tóth-Czifra, Carsten Thiel, Dieter van Uytvanck, Alexander König, Tomasz Parkoła, Michał Kozak, Szymon Wolarz, Justyna Wytrążek, Ola Nowak, Eliza Kalata, Matej Ďurčo, Stefan Probst, Klaus Illmayer, Seung-Bin Yim, Martin Kirnbauer, Stefan Buddenbohm, Joseph Dung, Alireza Zarei, Marieke Willems, Leonardo Marino, Tracey Biller, Filomena Minichiello, Stephanie Parker, Martin Kaltenböck, Sotiris Karampatakis, Nicolas Larrousse, Clara Petitfils, Suzanne Dumouchel, Edward Gray, Cesare Concordia, Chryssoula Bekiari and Athina Kritsotaki.
… and by our community of testers, and especially: Agnieszka Szulińska, Maurizio Toscano, Kasia Karpinska, Vanessa Hannesschläger, Simon Saldner, Judith Wehmeyer, Ami Saji, Genevieve Michaud, Irena Vipavc, Veronika Heider, Jakob Lenardic, Melina Jander…
The SSH Open Marketplace is maintained and will be further developed by three European Research Infrastructures - DARIAH, CLARIN and CESSDA - and their national partners. It was developed as part of the "Social Sciences and Humanities Open Cloud" SSHOC project, European Union's Horizon 2020 project call H2020-INFRAEOSC-04-2018, grant agreement #823782.